Co-Owner, President, vCIO at Virtual C, Inc
Adam Walter is a founder of Virtual C, a tech company that specializes in helping businesses manage their technology profile. His expertise has been published tech articles around the world. In his career he has built technology programs and architected solutions across corporations of every size. Over the last few years at Virtual C he has coached technology leaders and helped companies with their strategic vision.
Adam grew up in western Nebraska and attended elementary in a small country schoolhouse. His parents bought a home computer in the 80s and this cemented his technical path. He graduated as an All American in 2002 with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. In the fall Adam quit his job, packed everything he owned in the trunk of his car and drove to Lincoln to propose to his future wife. In Lincoln he began working as technical support for law enforcement. Later, he took a job with a bank marketing firm that did data analytics. It was at this time that he began writing and speaking. A few years later Adam received an opportunity to work for a large company as a strategic technical lead. While working here Adam was able to shine by pulling many teams together to solve issues in high pressure situations. This is where he began shifting his career towards business and strategy.
“And as we let our own light shine, We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. ”
His years of experience in a variety of environments had given him a broad set of knowledge. He also enrolled in one of the nation's leading MBA programs to help broaden his knowledge to understand business process. From here Adam handled cloud migrations for one company and built an entire security program from scratch for another. Finally, he seized an opportunity to quit his job to begin working on his dream company.
Adam is a husband to an amazing wife and parent of 4 children, all of which were adopted within 5 months of each other. People look at us like we are crazy when we tell them but it is how life worked out and we love every minute of it
- Think about why people care? Why they are going to follow you?
- What internal/external/philosophical problems you help to solve
- I want to change technology teams to be business solution providers.
- Facts about the past - to create authority (titles, past jobs)
- Cyber Security Manager for Industrial Controls
- Migrated a Zillow datacenter to the Cloud
- Strategic leader for Nelnet solving the most complex problems
- Architected computer solutions for law enforcement
- Peer Reviewed Publication with SANS
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- Speaker, author and business coach
- Personal Passion - to create momentum
- “Leave it better than I found it”
- Personal Super Powers - to create uniqueness
- I live eat and breathe strategy.
- Personal interest/hobby - to make you human
- I love cooking and camping in the outdoors. I have a custom lightsabre and jedi outfit that I wear on halloween with my kids. I have 4 adopted children and an amazing geek wife.